Norah's DARs Space: Creativity, Artistry & Knowledge

Greetings...I hope this space finds you well and with good spirits...Yours Madly, Norah.

Name:
Location: DC/MD, United States

Friday, October 28, 2005

A Womans Thoughts and Reflections...

Today I am offering these thoughts to young women in search of themselves through the guise of an unforgiving culture. Strive for knowledge and education, seek beauty in all that you create and live without fear of reproach. Read, Think and Create...Your brilliance will astonish the naysayers.

Reflections By: NAB

I did not see myself
as anything other than
who they were.
As if exempt from that
which others are afforded
a reflection of my true self
failed to register in my
mind for the larger portion
of my life.

And despite the special treatment
glares of resentment
and snide remarks of my
pale appendages
I actually believed myself
to be a reflection
of who they were.

Distance and years
have grown between us now
and
I discovered my reflection
by chance in a painful
meeting yesterday--
I am not at all what
I imagined myself to be.
Frightened, yet relieved
I let them go...
and search for others...
like me....

2005 All Rights Reserved.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home